- United States
Last Updated: January 13, 2022
Spring Care, Inc., dba Spring Health (“Spring Health,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), is committed to protecting the privacy of children who use our services online.
Spring Health provides a mental health benefit platform for employers, made available to employees and their eligible dependents, that includes access to mindfulness and meditation, care navigation, coaching, therapy, and medication management. Our website and mobile app allow you to create an account for your child to access Spring Health’s mental health tools. Children under the age of 13 cannot directly register for Spring Health services; we require that all child accounts be created by a parent or legal guardian, and associated with the parent’s or legal guardian’s account. During the account registration process, the parent or legal guardian can create a child’s account by following our instructions for doing so and providing certain information about the child, such as name, date of birth, email address, and/or mailing address. Please do not provide account credentials to your child.
As part of these services, we will collect the personal information of your child. In order to provide your child with access to Spring Health’s services and tools, your consent is required for the collection, use, and disclosure of your child’s personal information and we have collected your information in order to obtain this consent. We will not collect your child’s personal information unless you consent. However, if you do not give your consent, your child may not use our services. If your child directly uses the Spring Health account you created on their behalf, either with or without your permission, we may collect information directly from your child.
We collect personal information about your child:
- from you at the time of creating a Spring Health account for your child. This information may include your child’s name, date of birth, email address, and mailing address;
- directly from your child when your child provides it to Spring Health. This can include information provided by your child during an appointment (e.g., health related information), while logged into the account you created for your child (e.g., usage data), or at the time of filling out questionnaires made available to your child through the services;
- automatically, as your child navigates through our website or mobile app. This can include information about your child’s use of the services, including information about or sent by the mobile device or computer used by the child (e.g., IP address, browser type, operating system, website usage data, unique device identifiers, physical location of the device, etc.); and
- From other sources with your consent or as permitted by applicable law, such as from your insurance or healthcare provider, public databases, joint marketing partners and other third parties.
We use and disclose that information:
- to respond to inquiries, fulfill requests, and send your child communications that they request, such as the results of any questionnaires that they have taken;
- to personalize your child’s experience using the services;
- for our internal management and business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new services, enhancing, improving or modifying the services, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, and identifying usage trends (to the extent permitted by applicable law);
- as we believe to be necessary and appropriate, and only as permitted by applicable law, to: (1) comply with legal process; (2) respond to requests from public and government authorities; (3) protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including in connection with investigating security incidents; or (4) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, your child or others; and
- for such other purposes with your consent or as may be authorized or required under applicable law.
A parent or legal guardian may revoke this consent at any time. However, once consent is revoked, a child may not use our online services again unless a new consent is obtained.